The all singing, all dancing blog of Alex Guite

Friday, June 02, 2006

Exams, degree, smoking in the Union: all finished

I suffered the unedifying experience of being woken up by David Cameron's record choices on Desert Island Discs this morning. I guess I should have been prepared for this as his appearance has been mercilessly plugged all week under the banner of 'news' on the BBC. Who would have guessed that Dave is in to trendy music like Radiohead?
In real news this week I finished my degree on Tuesday, which we celebrated with a champagne fight on the Queen's Lawn. It's important to note that I'm using the term champagne in the loosest possible sense, but for £3.50 per bottle it tasted surprisingly good. In fact it tasted strikingly similar to the sweet taste of finished exams.
Yesterday's Physics Leavers Party was pretty entertaining. I think Jake got involved in a scuffle concerning the Copenhagen versus the Many-Worlds interpretations of quantum mechanics. I headed over to the Union afterwards to celebrate with Dan and others the first day of a smoking ban in the Union. Although I know this isn't conclusive evidence after one night, it was still quite crowded in there. So even though the bars weren't clogged with second hand smoke (which a recent campus survey revealed to be offputting), the Union's atmosphere is still smokin' hot.
For reasons I can't adequately explain, I then went to a "sexual fantasies" fancy dress themed party. Naturally, I went dressed as myself.

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How would you measure the height of a tall building using an aneroid barometer?

 
At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once spent forty minutes trying to measure the height of an aneroid barometer with a tall building, before a passing six year old pointed out my error.

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck Gav.

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"RAAAAAAAARGH", as Domo-Kun would say.

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On his days off and with his hair woefully unstyled, Hutch IS Noddy Holder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home