The all singing, all dancing blog of Alex Guite

Saturday, December 02, 2006

erythromycin diaries

I'm pretty ill right now and in a bid for sympathy you should note that according to the doctor it's worse than man flu. I've got tonsillitis so bad I can barely even speak or eat, although I suspect it could be bird flu from the NUS penguins. I guess there must be some payback for leading Imperial back into the NUS...

Anyway, there's a limit to how much you can do when you can't speak (e.g. diplomacy) and can't eat (e.g. professional restaurant criticism). So in a break from lounging about in bed I decided to fill in an online questionnaire Oxfam had been bugging me about. Apparently it was my chance to help Oxfam get closer to its supporters to make a bigger impact in overcoming poverty and suffering. Not bad for twenty minutes online.

After some standard questions about demographics and my overall views of the charity sector it started to get down to the issues which concern me and my family(?). Are animal rights more important to me than the war in Iraq? How about global warming? Then some more questions about where I get information about these issues. And then this:


Huh? Have I seen any advertising for terrorism recently? WTF?
I guess that's what all those adverts with tag lines like "Terrorism... it's ace!" are all about...
It must be a legal mindfield for advertisers making these ads. Is advertising terrorism regulated in the same way as cigarettes? In that you can't make an advert to make people take up terrorism, only to change their brand of terrorism?

1 Comments:

At Sunday, December 03, 2006 1:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry to hear you're so ill, that sucks..but well done on your NUS campaign! Hope you get well soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home