The all singing, all dancing blog of Alex Guite

Monday, June 13, 2005

Insect bite update: Day 4. Not so awesome.

Recent blog posts such as "Yesterday I got bitten by an insect. Awesome" may have given some readers the mistaken impression that I enjoyed being bitten by insects. In light of the last 24 hours I can confirm that there is little fun in having ankles so swollen that even walking small distances is gruelling.
The last 24 hours haven't all been bad. In a bumper week of birthdays, yesterday evening I joined 27 others in celebration of 21 sprightly years of my friend Martin. Given what happened last time I celebrated a birthday, I took particular attention not to sit around in any long grass for too long.
I think Martin enjoyed the celebration.
I'm glad I went out, really cheered me up.
Today I've been lounging around in the house, partly due to drowsiness, partly because getting outside would require too much walking. Andy and I watched the entire Karate Kid trilogy. There were so bad, they were totally awesome.
Wax on, wax off.

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 13, 2005 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Martin Smith said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Alex. Congratulations on your big win on the dogs last night! Thanks for coming along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home