The all singing, all dancing blog of Alex Guite

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Yesterday I got biten by an insect. Awesome.

Yesterday, whilst playing frisbee in Hyde Park to celebrate 22 glorious years of my flatmate Jamie, I got bitten by an insect.
No big deal I figured. But when I undertook my routine 'looking around' as I awoke this morning, I noticed that my left arm was uncharacteristically large. Initially I hypothesised that I had put in some extra time at the gym and buffed up. I soon realised that this was a bogus theory, as I hadn't been to the gym since April. Turns out that I've reacted badly to this insect bite.
Take a look at this photographic evidence. The aquamarine line is an artist's impression of the normal outline of my arm.

Hoping that a piriton tablet would ease the swelling, I set out about my normal business. Two tablets later and still no change, I decided to consult my local friendly neighbourhoodly pharmacist. Agreeing with my suggestion that this was 'quite a large bite', she sold me a bunch of tablets and a curiously pink cream. Following the cream's instructions and taking great care not to accidentally apply it vaginally, I smeared the bite with it.
I'll let you know how it works out. In the meantime, I'm off to speak with more people, using this bite as a conversation piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home